If you are running a VPS or a Dedicated Server, you must be looking for a Control Panel. Commercial options like cPanel are definatly good, but for ordinary tasks, or the users are looking for low end machines and a free/cheap a way to manage their Servers, we have several good Open Source/Free Options.
We are presenting the 6 most widely used and solid Control Panels which are a great alternative to cpanel and DirectAdmin.
A. VestaCP : This is simply the best i have used. I personally prefer Vesta over other panels. Vesta has once click installation and has an awesome Mordern UI with all that you need :
- Web Server
- DNS server
- Database Server
- Mail Server
- FTP Server
- Nginx out of the box
- SSL certificates & SNI
- Wildcard support
- Configuration Templates
- DKIM support
- Fast Backups
- Easy update manager
- System Monitoring
- AntiSpam / Antivirus
- WHMCS billing support
- Web : https://vestacp.com/
- Documentation : https://vestacp.com/#documentation
- Support : http://forum.vestacp.com/
B. Froxlor : This is another control panel with a Clean UI. Froxlor includes several goodies like Web FTP , Advanced SSL etc.
- Web : https://www.froxlor.org/
- Documentation : http://redmine.froxlor.org/projects/froxlor/wiki
- Support : https://forum.froxlor.org/
C. Ajenti : This is a beautiful , open source, web-based control panel that can be used for a large variety of server management tasks. It can install packages and run commands, and you can view basic server information such as RAM in use, free disk space, etc.
- Web : https://www.ajenti.org/
- Documentation : http://support.ajenti.org/
- Support : http://support.ajenti.org/forum/8996-general/
D. WebMin : This is a tested and very reliable control panel. Webmin is a web-based interface for system administration for Unix. Using any modern web browser, you can setup user accounts, Apache, DNS, file sharing etc.
- Web : http://www.webmin.com/
- Documentation : http://www.webmin.com/docs.html
- Support : http://www.webmin.com/community.html
E. CentOS Web Panel ( CWP ) : CWP is a new control panel for centos based servers. I have found it to be relatively slow compares to other panels. But its reliable and it works.
The CWP Includes :
- Apache Web Server (Mod Security + OWASP rules optional)
- PHP 5.4 (suPHP, SuExec + PHP version switcher)
- MySQL + phpMyAdmin
- Postfix + Dovecot + roundcube webmail (Antivirus, Spamassassin optional)
- CSF Firewall
- File System Lock (no more website hacking, all your files are locked from changes)
- Backups (optional)
- AutoFixer for server
- Web : http://centos-webpanel.com/
- Documentation : http://centos-webpanel.com/installation-instructions
- Support : http://forum.centos-webpanel.com/
6. Another worthy mention is KloxoMR. Mustafa has invested a huge effort in Kloxo and the new products seems reliable and patched. This is special edition (fork) of Kloxo with many features not existing on Kloxo official release (6.1.12+). This fork named as Kloxo-MR (meaning ‘Kloxo fork by Mustafa Ramadhan’)